Plant trees at your desk...
If you would like to support our tree planting work in Ireland and Northern Ireland, you can make a business donation by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page.
We are currently co-ordinating our next tree planting day - Saturday 9th February 2019. Businesses wishing to sponsor trees for February 2019 please contact us before Friday 7th December 2018.
Notes on sponsoring trees:
- A €1 / £1 donation covers the cost of planting at least one tree. Donations and sponsorship funds are used for the following:
- Purchasing trees: We buy a large number and variety of trees each season for our planting projects.
- Other costs: Insurance for the planting events. Packing, wrapping and labelling of trees. Delivery and distribution of trees. Office and administration costs.
- Sponsored trees are planted at appropriate sites as small woodlands, shelter belts, coppices, hedges, wood-pasture, orchards and agroforestry projects.
- Trees are planted on farms, at community sites, in schools and colleges and with other landowners who look after and manage the trees as they grow.
- You can choose which county your trees go to be planted when you make your donation.
- We plant native Irish trees grown in Ireland. The most common species we plant are downy birch, common alder, oak (sessile & pedunculate), Scots pine, hazel, rowan, crab apple, hawthorn & blackthorn.
- You'll receive a certificate of planting in February with details of the tree species, numbers and location of planting. You'll also get a copy of our logo and project summary for use on your website and other media.
- You will be listed on our map of the trees as a local sponsor.
- We don't guarantee that every tree will live to old age (though many will). We work to establish continuous tree cover that will be managed as a sustainable resource for many generations. Selected trees may be thinned, coppiced or felled in future years, some trees will blow down in storms, others may be attacked by pests and diseases. Trees drop seed and/or put up new growth from the roots; continuous cover management allows constant regeneration and permanent tree cover in the landscape.
If you have any queries or would like to sponsor a large number of trees please contact us directly to discuss tree numbers and costs, PR, media and staff tree planting opportunities. Please email to imogen[at]treesontheland.com